• CherylCraig•Design | CM Designs/Sole Proprietor (Minneapolis, MN/Chicago, IL/Baton Rouge, LA) - to Present
Self-employed Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Social Media Manager
Provides unique and expedient solutions to personal/professional design problems for a variety of industries, including: health, medical and legal services; real estate, education, governmental and insurance agencies; pet supply retailers, chemical companies, record companies and musicians. Music industry packaging design, venue posters, logo design, brochures, cards, newspaper and magazine advertising as well as web design and development; social media management.
• Design and manage client websites, print collateral, advertising and promotional material
• Design CD packaging, coordinate production and digital distribution for national recording artists and musicians
Client list provided upon request.
• WAFB Channel 9 TV (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) - February 1998 to December 2017
WAFB is the #1 rated TV station in Baton Rouge and the #2 CBS affiliate in the country.
Art Director/Web Manager-Digital Operations
• Art direction ... managed the station’s visual brand and all design projects, including the supervision and mentorship of other designers, budgeting and long range, strategic planning
• Web Management (1998-2015) ... coordinated the digital efforts of the station, managed the infrastructure of all the digital products including messaging and email marketing technologies through various CMS platforms
• Broadcast design ... news graphics, graphics for promos and commercial production for large hospitals, urgent care facilities, law offices and auto dealers
• Set design ... designed and coordinated construction of sets for news, weather, sports and special programming
• Print design ... trade/publication ads, promotional literature, station merchandise, brochures and calendars
Continued to oversee development of the station's website from inception. Included coordinating the design and construction of WAFB.com. Instrumental in developing promotional, sales and news content areas. Managed the infrastructure and worked with third party service providers to maintain functionality. Served for 9 years on the Raycom Media Digital Content Advisory Board and for 2 years on the Silver Chalice Mobile Advisory Board. Redesigned the station’s news look/branding several times, continuing to advance WAFB's on-air look through news graphics and station promotions. Responsible for daily news graphics. Advanced user of Adobe’s Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite with a good working knowledge of broadcast and print systems.
Most recent major design campaigns: 2016 Flood, Louisiana Rising concert, Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, Alton Sterling/Officer Involved Shooting, Law Enforcement Officers Shot, National Championships for LSU Football and Baseball, Saints in the Super Bowl.
• WWL Channel 4 TV (New Orleans, Louisiana) - January 1996 to February 1998
WWL was the #1 station in New Orleans and one of the top CBS affiliates in the country.
• Broadcast design ... live news graphics for Eyewitness News Early Edition, Morning News, News at Noon
• Video graphics for news promos and production
• Print design ... promotional literature, hurricane maps, brochures and calendars
Extensive experience with Quantel Paintbox Express, Quantel Picturebox, Leitch Still Store System, Digital Envoy, AP Graphics Bank and many other analog and digital audio/video systems.
• Morton International, Inc. (Chicago, Illinois) - March 1988 to January 1996
Morton International was a 3 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, airbags and salt.
Senior Designer/Art Director
• Design ... newspaper, magazine and trade publication advertising, promotional literature, brochures, direct-mail, packaging, newsletters, trade show booths and visuals
• Supervise ... in-house artists, freelance designers, photography and printing, outside vendors
• Coordinate ... creative sessions, promotional campaigns, hardware and software purchases
• 1994 Midwest Printing Association Award - Newsletter Category for Window Wisdom (graphic designer)
• 1996 Addy Award - Television Promotion Category for New Orleans Children’s Museum (graphic designer)
• 1996 Addy Award - Television Self-Promotion Category for The Saints Preseason “Bless You Boys” (graphic designer)
• 2003 Emmy Award - Documentary Program, "Atchafalaya Swamp Revisited" (graphic designer)
• 2008 AP Award - 1st Place Louisiana TV Website - Large Market (web manager)
• 2008 to Present - Voting member of The Grammys (N.A.R.A.S.)
• 2010 to Present - Member of National Association of Photoshop Professionals (N.A.P.P.)