Cheryl Craig Design
CherylCraig•Design | CM Designs/Sole Proprietor
(Minneapolis, Minnesota/Chicago, Illinois/Baton Rouge, Louisiana) - to Present
Graphic and Web Designer/Manager
Provide unique and expedient solutions to personal/professional design problems for a variety of industries,
including: health, medical and legal services; real estate, education, governmental and insurance agencies; pet supply
retailers, chemical companies, entertainment industry, record companies and musicians. Music industry packaging design, venue posters, logo design, brochures, cards, newspaper and magazine advertising as well as web design and development; social media management.
• Design and develop online shopping solutions, including product import and management
• Design and manage client websites, print collateral, advertising and promotional material
• Design CD packaging, coordinate production and digital distribution for signed and independent musicians
Clients include: Select-O-Hits, Real Records, Rice ‘n’ Gravy Records, Louisiana Public Charter Schools, Buffalo Equipment Rental, Forum Salon, Watters Edge Realty, Century Rehab, Designed Flow Technologies, Coastal Truck Driving School, Louisiana Vein Care, Odinet Skin Care, Dr. Kenneth Odinet, Julia Moss Designs, Mill Creek Entertainment, XStreme MD, Gouner Law, SpaceNet Equities, Wendy Bloom Consulting, Sidewalk College
Mill Creek Entertainment (Minneapolis, Minnesota) January 2019 to June 2020
MCE is the home entertainment industry’s leading independent studio for Blu-ray, DVD, and digital distribution.
Graphic and Web Designer/Online Store Manager
Designed and developed the companies flagship website as well as several online, direct-to-consumer shopping sites, managed inventory and customer service.
• Responsible for Binge Flix sales platform, product development and fulfillment.
• Designed and developed several one-off movie sites with DTC sales management and daily reporting.
WAFB Channel 9 TV (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) - February 1998 to December 2017
WAFB is the #1 rated TV station in Baton Rouge and the #2 CBS affiliate in the country.
Art Director/Web Manager-Digital Operations
• Art direction ... managed the station’s visual brand and all design projects, including the supervision and
mentorship of other designers, budgeting and long range, strategic planning
• Web Management (1998-2015) ... coordinated the digital efforts of the station, managed the infrastructure of all
the digital products including SMS messaging and email marketing technologies through various CMS platforms
• Broadcast design ... news graphics, graphics for promos and commercial production for large hospitals, urgent care
facilities, law offices and auto dealers
• Set design ... designed and coordinated construction of sets for news, weather, sports and special programming
• Print design ... trade/publication ads, promotional literature, station merchandise, brochures and calendars
Managed development of the station's website from inception including the design and construction of WAFB.com. Developed promotional, sales and news content areas. Managed the infrastructure and worked with third party service providers to maintain functionality. Served for 9 years on the Raycom Media Digital Content Advisory Board and for 2 years on the Silver Chalice Mobile Advisory Board.
Redesigned the station’s news look/branding several times, continuing to advance WAFB's on-air look through news graphics and station promotions. Responsible for daily news graphics. Advanced user of Adobe’s Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite with a good working knowledge of broadcast and print systems.
Major design campaigns: 2016 Flood, Louisiana Rising concert, Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, Alton Sterling/Officer Involved Shooting, Law Enforcement Officers Shot, National Championships for LSU Football and Baseball, Saints in the Super Bowl, Derrick Todd Lee/Serial Killer-Continuing Coverage.
• WWL Channel 4 TV (New Orleans, Louisiana) - January 1996 to February 1998
WWL was the #1 station in New Orleans and one of the top CBS affiliates in the country.
• Broadcast design ... live news graphics for Eyewitness News Early Edition, Morning News, News at Noon
• Video graphics for news promos and production
• Print design ... promotional literature, hurricane maps, brochures and calendars
Extensive experience with Quantel Paintbox Express, Quantel Picturebox, Leitch Still Store System, Digital Envoy, AP Graphics Bank and many other analog and digital audio/video systems.
• Morton International, Inc. (Chicago, Illinois) - March 1988 to January 1996
Morton International was a 3 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, airbags and salt.
Senior Designer/Art Director
• Design ... newspaper, magazine and trade publication advertising, promotional literature, brochures, direct-mail, packaging, newsletters, trade show booths and visuals
• Supervise ... in-house artists, freelance designers, photography and printing, outside vendors
• Coordinate ... creative sessions, promotional campaigns, hardware and software purchases
• 1994 Midwest Printing Association Award - Newsletter Category for Window Wisdom (graphic designer)
• 1996 Addy Award - Television Promotion Category for New Orleans Children’s Museum (graphic designer)
• 1996 Addy Award - Television Self-Promotion Category for The Saints Preseason “Bless You Boys” (graphic designer)
• 2003 Emmy Award - Documentary Program, "Atchafalaya Swamp Revisited" (graphic designer)
• 2008 AP Award - 1st Place Louisiana TV Website - Large Market (web manager)
• 2008 to Present - Voting member of The Grammys (N.A.R.A.S.)
• 2010 to Present - Member of National Association of Photoshop Professionals (N.A.P.P.)